Search This Blog

The first North Aisle Window (lost in 1940)



Date: Unknown
Lights: 3
Firm: Unknown
Designer: Unknown
Window Subject: Interior scene.  

The plaque states.
"The stained glass windows on the Northside of the Church were destroyed by enemy action on the night of 23 September 1940 when a bomb fell in the Rectory garden ~ The plain glass was inserted by the War Damage Commission but a few pieces of the original glass can still be seen in the windows".

The actual bomb was recorded as a high explosive that fell at 1.10am 24 Sept 1940.